People have often asked in the past how entries are judged and if entrants can know the result before they book their place at the Awards dinner. Here is a little check-list explaining the process:
- Write your entry or entries and submit before the closing date, which is now midnight on Monday 6th January.
- After the closing date, our Chair, Helen Webb, collates all the entries and sends them to the judges, who consist of sponsors of the Awards event.
- The sponsors/judges read through all the entries and decide on their personal top three in each category.
- The judges then meet with Helen Webb at Douglas Bader House in mid January to discuss their top three in each category to reach a unanimous decision on the overall winners/finalists.
- In the meantime, if you have submitted an entry for an Award, you should keep Saturday 25th January clear in your diary; book your place at the Awards Dinner and choose your menu for the night.
- Every single person/business that enters stands an equal chance of winning. It doesn’t matter whether you are a large company or a sole trader working from home. If you can impress the judges with what you have achieved, how you have overcome problems/pitfalls, then you could be a winner.
- Winners/finalists are NOT notified before the Awards Dinner. The FLBClub believes that the winning has a more positive impact if it is announced on the night and is a surprise for everyone, not least the winner!
- Winners and finalists receive their Awards from the sponsor of the category they have won in front a large group of business people from across Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Wiltshire. Professional photographs are taken on the night and there will be full media and social media coverage after the event.
So, what are you waiting for? Enter at: https://www.flbc.org.uk/enter-the-awards/.