FAIRFORD & LECHLADE BUSINESS CLUB AWARDS 2021
Businesses entering the Awards should either be members of the
Fairford & Lechlade Business Club or be located in the
GL7, GL54, SN6, SN7 OR OX18 postcode areas.
BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
The premier award; open to any business that can demonstrate a successful track record of excellence and achievement. Businesses can be of any size, working in any sector. Every entrant has the same chance of winning regardless of the size of their business.
- Show how the business has grown in line with or exceeded original objectives, financial or otherwise.
- Gives examples of how your business has been innovative and forward thinking.
- State clearly what your unique selling point is and how this separates you from the competition.
- Explain how you have targeted and grown your customer base.
- Demonstrate commitment to your staff (if applicable) and local area.
BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR
Business acumen should be recognised and encouraged. This award offers any business person working in the Fairford and Lechlade Business Club’s area the opportunity to highlight their skills and ability either as a business owner or employee.
- State your position in the business and describe your relevant outstanding achievements to date.
- How have you/this person impacted upon the business?
- What is the perception of peers, subordinates and customers?
NEW BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
This category is open to all new ventures in the catchment postcodes or members of Fairford & Lechlade Business Club that started up within the last 2 years i.e. since January 2019. Entrants must be able to show how their business has progressed from an idea to a trading business. A clear understanding of the product or service and the market in which they are now operating must be demonstrated.
- When was the business formed (must be within the last two years)?
- How has the business performed against the initial aspirations/idea/business plan?
- What plans do you have to grow the business over the next 3 years?
- What do you think you can contribute to the local area?
MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
All businesses are innovative in some way. Entrants should illustrate how they have managed successfully to introduce new ideas, customers, techniques or technology into their business. Entries for innovation may take the form of a product, service, process or new market, anything that you consider is innovative!
- What is the idea, how is it innovative to the business?
- How was the idea implemented within the business?
- How had this idea/innovation had a positive impact on the business?
OUTSTANDING BUSINESS STUDENT OF THE YEAR
Working with Year 10 at Farmor’s School, this is open to Business Studies students and organised in partnership with the school who will select three finalists for the judging panel to review and select a winner.
THE BOB WARREN HOSPITALITY AWARD
This award was set up in memory of Bob Warren, late landlord of the Trout Inn, Lechlade, and long-time supporter of the Fairford and Lechlade Business Club. A list of nominations for this award will be communicated by the Fairford and Lechlade Business Club through email, the website and social media channels. Business Club members and local residents will be asked to vote for the three hospitality venues (café, pub, restaurant, B&B or hotel etc) that best demonstrates the spirit of Bob Warren – great hospitality, excellent customer service, a warm and friendly atmosphere and provides a fantastic all round experience. The venue with the most votes will be presented with the Award. Last year’s winner is not eligible this year.
HOWARD DOWLER AWARD
A special Award made by the Chair of the Business Club to the chosen person/business that has made an outstanding contribution to the local community.