We are thrilled and excited to announce that the FLBClub Business Awards 2021 will be presented by The Barn Theatre in a professional live-streamed event on Saturday 27th February 2021 at 7pm.
The FLBClub Business Awards event has always been a time to celebrate and recognise the achievements and success of our local businesses. Now more than ever, it is so important to applaud those businesses that have overcome adversity and lockdown restrictions.
This will be the 14th Annual Business Awards and we believe that FLBClub have been presenting Business Awards longer than any other Chamber or Business Club in the area. However, due to Covid-19 restrictions, these Awards will have to be completely different to all the others that have gone before. Despite being unable to meet face-to-face and the negative effect of Covid-19, we feel that it is doubly important and inspiring to have this event go ahead.
YOUR BUSINESS ACHIEVEMENTS SHOULD BE CELEBRATED!
There will be no Awards Dinner as such this year, but please feel free to treat yourself to a glass of something whilst attending virtually and enjoy an attractive/delicious cocktail or mocktail!
There’s also bound to be a little bit of Barn Theatre magic sprinkled in – more details to follow.
How to enter
- All entries will be online and you can find the Entry Form at www.flbc.org.uk or click: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FLBCAWARDS2021.
- For more information on the Awards and the Judging Criteria, please go to www.flbc.org.uk.
- For the Bob Warren Hospitality Award, the public can vote for their THREE favourite hospitality venues from the list provided. For details of the hospitality venues and how to vote, please visit www.flbc.org.uk or click: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FLBCHosp2021.
- The closing date for entries is midnight Sunday 19th January 2020.
- All our judges are completely independent.
- Business of the Year
- Business Person of the Year
- New Business of the Year
- Most Innovative Business of the Year
- Business Student of the Year from Farmor’s School
- The Bob Warren Hospitality Award – chosen by YOUR votes
- The Howard Dowler Award – chosen by the Chair of FLBC and awarded to the business or person who has made an outstanding contribution to the community
How to write a winning entry
- Allow enough time to prepare your entry – last minute submissions are rarely successful.
- Basically tell your story about what you do, how you do it and what is special about your business. Keep your language simple and try to avoid technical jargon.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about what you do.
- Identify a problem you have encountered and how you successfully overcame it.
- Include testimonials.
The FLBClub Business Awards 2021 is a No-Cost event for businesses to enter and enjoy. This is the Club’s way of supporting local businesses at this difficult time – we will be applauding and rewarding those businesses that have overcome the Covid-19 odds in 2020 and treating all our virtual guests to a good night out absolutely free of charge.
More details to follow. Keep watching the website: www.flbc.org.uk and read the next Newsletter.